BIGSumC 2019: Sunset Paddle
11 people attending
1 place left
This is one of the events organised as part of BIG Summer Camp 2019.
Sunset is one of the most beautiful times of the day, why not experience it afloat on Chichester Harbour, with a pleasant evenings paddle?
Enjoy a leisurely tour of Chichester Harbour, which is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). Depending on the state of the tide, it may be possible to explore the mudflats, and get up close to the wading birds, while they are hunting for food! You may even be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of one of the seals which frequent the sand banks of Chichester Harbour in the summer.
IMPORTANT! - Once you've booked, please fill out the information form, which is required by the provider before you can take part in the activity. Course title is "OutdoorLads Sunset Paddle" and course date is 24/08/2019. The link to the form is here.
What to bring
- Clothing to paddle in. We recommend old comfortable clothing (leggings or jogging bottoms with microfleece or dry quick tops are ideal - as many layers as you feel you need to stay warm in the conditions). Some people like to wear wetsuits, but we find they can chafe under your arm pits when paddling for any distance.
- Shoes – old trainers will do, but we recommend wetsuit shoes/boots, please no flip flops, or footwear which easily comes off your feet!
- Wind/waterproof outer layer. If you are using a sit on top, consider jacket and trousers, for sit in kayaks only a jacket is typically necessary.
- Complete spare change of clothes for afterwards (remember spare shoes and underwear - it's easy to forget these!)
- Camera! (Make sure it's waterproof. We are unable to take responsibility for your camera or associated equipment)
Food & drink
None provided, please bring water and any snacks you may require. Please be aware that there are no shops in Itchenor. The closest convenience stores are in Birdham (Nisa, or Shell Garage) or East Wittering village (Tesco Express, Co-op and various local shops).