BIG North Christmas - Pubs and Fells Christmas Circular
4 people attending
21 places left
Join me for this leisurely, yet fast-paced, circular walk along the Lingmoor Fell.
We will traverse both Langdale valleys, pass at least 5 legendary pubs (and stop in at least 2 ;-)), climb up to marvel the oldest and cleanest "industrial" tarn and, if the time allows, descend into the depths of an old cave.
The walk is around 10 miles (16km), relatively hilly (duh! - it's the Lake District) The total ascent is about 2000 feet (600 meters).
Nevertheless, it is quite an easy walk, mostly on gravelled paths - only an occasional bog or river crossing ;-)
We will be moving quite fast to allow for some longer breaks (which may or may not include a drink ;-)) and to get that blood pumping for a boogie night (or Fort Boyard in the cellar)
Start at 9 am sharp! Finish by 5 pm.
BRING YOUR TORCH and some fairy lights! It might get dark at times, even at midday ;-) Let's jazz it up!
What to bring
THIS IS IMPORTANT:
- torch - preferably a headtorch, so you have both hand free. We will be walking in darkness, even during the day. Plus it gets dark quite quickly during winter so you never know.
- good walking boots - anyone without will not be allowed to join this walk, full stop.
- water and snacks - as above. One can get easily dehydrated even in winter.
- rain jacket and extra layers, hats and gloves - the weather, in the lakes, changes continuously throughout the day, think about something light for when you walk, and something more protective for when you rest
- change of socks - or try waterproof socks, it is the best invention ever, and you can get quite an inexpensive pair in many sales around - this will literary save your feet from an unexpected puddle and allow you to enjoy your walk. Plus, they will last for years.
- backpack - to carry it all. NO Tesco bags for life - seriously, get a life; NO stuffing your socks with items - it's not the XXL (RIP); NO baggy pockets - think fashion for God's sake!
Food & drink
Bring some snacks and plenty of fluids to last you a whole day walking - even in winter you can get easily dehydrated from the exercise.
I will try to book a pub for some lunch options around 2 pm - more on this closer to the date.
You can, of course, bring your own lunch. You can still enjoy it in the company of the whole group.