Vacancy at OutdoorLads: Membership Engagement Officer
OutdoorLads is a UK-wide charity with the mission to improve the physical and mental wellbeing of gay, bi-sexual and trans men through participation in outdoor pursuits. We have an exciting opportunity to employ a full-time Membership Engagement Officer, to support our existing staff team, trustees, and members.
This crucial role involves acting as the first point of contact in the office for incoming calls, e-mails and queries from members, partners / suppliers, and the general public, and answering support tickets via the website, always providing excellent customer service.
Within the overall aim of supporting the existing membership base and proactively connecting with new members, the postholder will prepare regular newsletters, produce publicity materials and update the website - including assisting volunteers to create great event pages. They will maintain social media feeds via various channels and post engaging relevant content.
The person we are looking for will have an excellent customer service manner and experience, be able to work diplomatically and effectively with a broad range of others and have some experience in social media. They will be well organised and self-reliant with a focus on getting things done. They will have great written and verbal communication skills, be flexible and able to work as part of a small team with little supervision on a day to day basis. They will have strong written and verbal communication skills, be able to adapt and improve processes, and react positively to change. The successful candidate will uphold the OutdoorLads Values and brand at all times in their interactions with others.
The role will be office-based in central Manchester and is a full-time role (37.5 hours per week, with 20 days annual leave per year (rising by one day per full calendar year of service) and will require occasional travel and evening / weekend work to support our board meetings and events. Job share or flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Salary will be at NJC points 11 – 16, currently £21116 to £23369, depending upon competencies and experience. Appointees will normally start point 11.
- Download the Job Description and Application Form in Word or as a PDF.
- Complete the official OutdoorLads job application form. CVs / covering letter are welcome, but only when accompanied by a fully completed application form.
- Informal discussions prior to making your application are welcome; please contact Liam Russell on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 420 0001.
- Your support statement should very clearly address the personal specification and competencies for this post. Applications that do not, will not be shortlisted.
- Please submit your application by midday on Thursday, 16th January by email to email@example.com
- You will be contacted within a week of the closing date if you are selected for interview.
- Interviews will take place on Monday 27th January 2020 in Manchester.