Springtime French Holiday 2020
6 people attending
6 places left
Time for another OutdoorLads get away to the South of France.
This event is next May bank holiday, 3 - 7 days flexible to suit you between the 5th and 12th of May 2020.
In Spring 2019 the Lotus Tree gay guesthouse hosted an amazing OutdoorLads holiday. See some of the reviews below. Booking is now open for a similar event in 2020.
The Lotus Tree gay guesthouse in the south of France is owned by two OutdoorLads members, bradleylance and mrjames. It has a huge garden and pool and is situated in a beautiful river valley overlooking the medieval village of Montclus. There are plenty of outdoor activities right on the doorstep. Lance and James are hosting a springtime OutdoorLads holiday between Tuesday 5th and Tuesday 12th May.
It’s over the early May bank holiday and the event is totally flexible – you can stay for a shorter time or stay on longer. The prices start from just £560 for seven days half board. Come for four days (Friday – Tuesday) and it’s just £320!
Activities available include:
· Hiking through the hills and valleys
· Kayaking between 8km and 24km
· Horse Riding
· Mountain biking
· Sight seeing and beach visits
You will have as much time as you want for relaxation, lounging by the pool (clothing optional), and visiting the many picturesque towns and villages. Day trips to the huge gay beach of l’Espiguette on the Mediterranean can be arranged.
Reviews from the first Lotus Tree event:
‘Fantastic trip to the South of France. The team at the Lotus Tree were amazing, they had everything organised and nothing was too much trouble. Meals were delicious, rooms were clean and well presented with pretty much everything you could need for a lovely stay. The Lotus Tree grounds were fantastic to explore and the pool was gorgeous on a sunny day.
‘Our hosts were amazing. Nothing was too much trouble. It was such friendly and relaxed atmosphere I really didn't want to come home. If the event runs again next year, I'm in!’
‘James led some great walks through the French hills and countryside. He took us to some lovely little villages locally and directed us to some ace places to visit on our own. Loads of things to do, be it outdoor activities like visiting caves, kayaking, walking, cycling and horse riding. They were all doable in the area with booking assistance from the Lotus Tree team. All in all an amazing week away and I will certainly return again in the future.’
- Up to 7 nights accommodation (two guys sharing per room)
- Breakfast every day
- Lunch or dinner every day
- Welcome party the first night with free wine
- Tea and coffee all day
- Guided hikes or maps and advice so you can plan your own
- Use of the 12 metre pool
- Visits to local French markets
Some single rooms are available at a supplement of £25 per day.
The cost of travel is not included (see below) and you will need to book it yourself, but Lance and James can advise on the best options.
Because of the wide range of activities available these are not included in the price (except the hikes). For guidance prices are in the range of:
· Kayaking: 8km €20 / 24km €30.
· Horse riding: 2 hours €35 for / half-day €50.
How to book
1) You will arrange your tailor-made booking direct with Lance and James at The Lotus Tree. They can advise on flights etc and answer any questions you may have. Their website is here: www.thelotustree.com for more information, but to enquire and book you can contact them directly on email@example.com
2) You will also need to sign up on this page on the OutdoorLads website, so we know who's going! There are a total of twelve places available.
Please direct any queries to Liam in the OutdoorLads office in the first instance, on firstname.lastname@example.org and NOT via the on-site event messaging system.
You can fly from a number of airports in the UK and there are three destinations within 90 minutes of The Lotus Tree – Marseilles, Nimes and Montpellier. There’s also the Eurostar to Avignon. James and Lance will help coordinate travel plans with the other guys taking part to make sharing car hire as easy and cheap as possible. If necessary, airport pick-ups and drop-offs can also be arranged. At the moment flights with easyJet to Marseille are from £35 on the way out at £21 on the way back.
Booking terms and conditions
As you would be booking directly with the third party provider - the Lotus Tree - standard OutdoorLads refund policy and terms and conditions do NOT apply. Here is the Lotus Trees' cancellation policy for your information:
· The first night payable at the time of booking as a deposit. The balance is due by cheque / bank transfer / paypal within four weeks of arrival.
· In the event of a cancellation within four weeks the deposit will be forfeited. Cancellations within two weeks: 50% of total payable; within one week: full amount.
· No refunds for early departures.
· We can accept cheques drawn on UK bank accounts (made payable to ‘James Proctor’) or bank transfers.
· For payments by credit card we use www.paypal.com.
What to bring
Pack as you would for any holiday - don't forget your sunscreen, a hat, swimwear, towel and beach towel, a good book - oh and your passport!
Food & drink
Breakfast, and lunch or dinner is provided every day of your stay. Tea and coffee are available every day.
There is a welcome party on the first day with free wine.