Kayaking on the Quays - July 2017
7 people attending
1 places left
Our kayaking events in Manchester are back! Cool off on the water in the heart of the city's striking Salford Quays at the rebranded Helly Hansen Watersports Centre.
This event is ideal for absolute beginners and Lads wanting to refresh their kayaking skills.
For those looking for a bit more, we'll be running five of these events on Saturdays throughout the spring and summer giving you the opportunity to improve your skills and work towards your British Canoeing 1 and 2 star awards.
Keep these CONFIRMED kayaking dates in your diaries:
- Saturday 22nd April - 10am-12noon
- Saturday 20th May - 10am-12noon
- Saturday 17th June - 10am-12noon
- Saturday 8th July - 10am-5pm (FULL DAY 1 Star course)
- Saturday 29th July - 10am-12noon
- Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th August - 10am-5pm (FULL WEEKEND - 2 Star course)
- Saturday 23rd September - 10am-12noon
What to bring
All equipment will be provided including wetsuits, bouyancy aids and helmets.
Footwear is essential so either bring an old pair of trainers that you don't mind getting wet or wetsuit boots if you have them.
Hot showers are available (and recommended if you've been in the water!) so bring a towel and shower gel/shampoo, etc. You'll also need a 20p piece for the lockers which is not returned.
Food & drink
After we've dried off, we'll be heading next door to the Quay House Beefeater pub for food and a pint for those that need some refreshments!