Cheshire's Hidden Coast
21 people attending
0 places left
11 people waitlisted
Take a walk through Cheshire's stunning Wirral Coastline. Our walk will take in the Marshes of Parkgate through to the sandy beaches and red cliffs of Thurstaston Shoreline before returning along the Wirral Way to Parkgate where you can sample the famous ice creams
Walk is 20km or 13m
IMPORTANT! - Participation Statement
You MUST complete a Participation Statement, here, in addition to booking your event space before attending an OutdoorLads event. You only need to complete this Participation Statement once, not for each event you attend.
COVID-19 – IMPORTANT, Please read the following before you sign up to this event:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, even if they are extremely mild, or who lives or is in a support bubble with someone showing symptoms, is asked not to attend. This is in line with the government’s coronavirus advice.
- You must also immediately self-isolate and not attend the event if you or someone in your household or support bubble shows coronavirus symptoms or tests positive. You can find the NHS self-isolation guidance here.
- This event takes place after 21 June 2021, which is currently the earliest date by which the Government hopes that we will have entered Step 4 of the Roadmap out of lockdown. At step 4, the Government hopes to have removed all legal limits on social contact.
- It is possible that Step 4 takes place at a date later than 21 June 2021 and could affect this event. We will review the situation as things change and will advise members signed up to the event if there are changes necessary to ensure compliance with restrictions in place at the time of the event.
- If the event is unable to proceed due to Covid-19 restrictions, a replacement date will be offered, or a full refund.
- We must all remember that COVID-19 remains a part of our lives. We are going to have to keep living our lives differently to keep ourselves and others safe. We must carry on with ‘hands, face, space’. Comply with the COVID-Secure measures that remain in place. Meet outdoors when we can and keep letting fresh air in. Get tested when needed. Get vaccinated when offered. If we all continue to play our part, we will be that bit closer to a future that is more familiar.
What to bring
Hand sanitiser and a face covering: whilst we are living with Covid-19, please bring your own to events to help keep everyone safe
Water: bring at least a litre
Medicines: if you have hay fever, diabetes, minor ailments etc.
Rucksack: or any other bag
Footwear: hiking boots, sturdy trainers or wellies
Layered clothing: lets you quickly adapt to changes in the weather and body temperature. Go for a base layer (vest or t-shirt) and a mid layer (a micro fleece or shirt) and in cooler weather add an outer layer (a windproof jacket or thick fleece)
Trousers: ideally not jeans which become heavy and cold in the rain, breathable fabrics are more comfortable and dry and on warm days shorts are OK
Waterproof jacket: breathable fabrics are more comfortable and dry
Hat or cap: stay warm in winter and shaded in summer
Sunglasses: for any sunny day, even in winter
Sun cream: can be useful even on cloudy and winter days
Snacks: bring biscuits, energy bars, gels, bananas, chocolate or dried fruit for example and put them somewhere easy to get hold of
Lunch: bring a packed lunch unless otherwise stated
Food & drink
Being enough food and snacks and at least 3litres of water